The last
three modules have covered the process of looking for a job and then applying
and interviewing for that job. I learned how to write a resume and some great
tips for answering interview questions. Having a solid online presence was
particularly emphasized throughout the modules.
Those who
are unemployed can use the recommended resources to polish their resume and
improve their interviewing skills. Probably the most beneficial thing to do
would be to network with former colleagues and others in their field. Being
confident, professional, and utilizing networks such as LinkedIn can help bring
them to the attention of prospective employers.
The main
points that apply to my situation are to have a resume updated and ready at all
times and most importantly to network. I'd been planning to write my resume
after I was done with my degree but now I'm writing my resume and working on
establishing an online presence.
The internet
has changed how both employers and employees approach the job market. Many job
openings are not publicly posted but filled through word-of-mouth online networking.
Information on both companies and individuals is readily available through
online searches creating more transparency. The ability to post and access resumes
online helps ensure a better fit between the job and employee.
Overall, there's
great information in these final modules to help each of us in our employment
situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment